Swiss Mobility Conference 2018
From 19/11/2018 to 20/11/2018
"Géopolis" building on University of Lausanne’s Campus
The Swiss Mobility Conference (SMC) is the result of a collaboration between the chairs of urban sociology (EPFL) and geography of mobilities (UNIL). The objective of SMC is to provide a place for discussion and debate for researchers in humanities and social sciences working on various forms of mobility.
Presentations will address the mobilities in their diversity (housing choices, modal practices, multi-local dwelling, tourism, etc.). They can register in the following research areas:
- theoretical debates (and in particular the contributions of social theories to the study of mobilities)
- methodological innovations (using mobile methods)
- public policy and decision making in mobility
- regulation of mobility and its tools
- the actors and their logics of action
- the norms and values underlying mobility and social inequality
- temporality and spatiality of mobility
- mobility prospective
- Laboratoire de sociologie urbaine, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Institut de géographie et durabilité, Université de Lausanne
The latest version of the program is available on SWITCHdrive
Please click here to register before 1th of November 2018.
Registration fee is CHF 80, which includes meals, coffee breaks, and documentation (+ CHF 20 for evening meal).
Venue and practical information
The conference will take place in the “Géopolis” building on University of Lausanne’s Campus. You can find the location map here .
Please note that the conference site is easily accessible from Lausanne city centre with public transportation. Detailed information can be found here.
For any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org